Publication History of Storia di Poggioreale (Sicilia)
- The first edition of Storia di Poggioreale (Sicilia) was written by Can. Dr. Francesco Aloisio, a priest in the Sicilian commune of Poggioreale in the year 1956 by the Boccone del Povero Scuola Linotypografica Press at the Boccone del Povero Religious Community in Palermo, Sicily. This book is catalogued under OCLC number 36655062 and is available in the Library of the Catholic University of America and the New York City Public Library.
- A second edition of Storia di Poggioreale (Sicilia) was published by the Priulla Tipografia Press in Palermo in 1986. This was done by order of the Comune of Poggioreale and 1000 copies were printed. This book is catalogued under OCLC number 955253440 and is available in the Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Roma.
- A third edition titled, The History of Poggioreale (Sicily), was published in 1996 by Robert Lowry, Jr. and was published with select passages translated from Italian to English. The book is catalogued under OCLC number 37710927 and is available at the Texas State Library and Archive in Austin, Texas, and the Beaumont Public Library in Beaumont, Texas.
- A fourth edition titled, The History of Poggioreale (Sicily), was published in 1999 by Marilyn Maniscalco Henley and was published with select passages translated from Italian to English. This fourth edition was a private printing resulting in 100 copies.
- Both the third and fourth editions were translated from Italian by Juliet Viola, formerly of Dallas and later of Berkeley, California. The costs related to this translation were shared by: Arthur Henley & Marilyn Maniscalco Henley; Pete Maniscalco & Lily Alfano Maniscalco; Howard Hughs & Linda Guyon Hughs; and Robert Lowry, Jr.
- This fifth edition titled, The History of Poggioreale, Sicily: From 1640 to 1956, is edited and translated by Dr. Jeremiah P. Spence, Ph.D. of Austin, Texas. The book is published under the label International Order of Genealogists Publishing and is catalogued under the ISBN number: 9781072403371.
- On May 29, 2019, Dr. Spence received written permission to translate and publish The History of Poggioreale, Sicily: From 1640 to 1956 in English from the Superiore Provinciale, P. Salvatore Fiumano, sdP, of the Provincia “Madre della Misericordia,” at the Missionari Servi dei Poveri religious community in Palermo, Sicily, Italy.
[This webpage is excerpted from the book: “The History of Poggioreale, Sicily – From 1640 to 1956.” Originally written in Italian by: Canonico Dottore Francesco Aloisio in 1956. Adapted and translated by: Dr. Jeremiah P. Spence, Ph.D. of Austin, Texas. 5th Edition. International Order of Genealogists Publishing. Ireland. 2019. ISBN: 9781072403371. The book can be purchased online at: https://www.amazon.com/History-Poggioreale-Sicily-1640-1956/dp/1072403374/ ]